Osijek, 11th - 13th April 2019
Faculty of Education together with the Department of Music Pedagogy (Academy of Music in Pula), Department for New Music (Academy of Arts and Culture, Osijek) and Department of Pedagogy (Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Osijek) organizes The Sixth International Symposium of Music Pedagogues titled
MUSIC IN SCHOOLS - STATE AND PERSPECTIVES
The intention of the symposium is to bring together music pedagogues, scholars, researchers and educators in order to shed new light to theory and practice of music education. The sixth symposium will specially focus on answering the following questions:
- What is the status of Music as part of the art area in the National Curriculum Framework?
- What is the quality of music lessons in (music) schools?
- How can music education in (music) schools be improved?
- How has music education changed through history?
- Which are the challenges and opportunities in music education when applying the project teaching method?
- Should music be introduced in non-musical school subjects?
- What kind of approach do teachers take when organizing extra-curricular activities containing music and dance?
- What challenges do music teachers in art schools (music, dance, visual arts) face?
- What kind of music education should be provided for musically-gifted students?
- What is the importance of music and music education for person's overall development?
Official languages: Croatian and mutually intelligible languages, English
Ways of presenting: oral presentation, workshop, focus group